Our Woodcock petition – the leading constituencies
The leading constituencies supporting our Woodcock petition, so far, are as follows. As expected, they are mostly Conservative rural constituencies (with one former Conservative now sitting as an Independent) and the semi-rural Labour constituency of Sheffield Hallam.
- Derbyshire Dales, Sarah Dines MP – 102 signatures
- Thirsk and Molton, Kevin Hollinrake MP – 99 signatures
- North Norfolk, Duncan Baker MP – 96 signatures
- Somerton and Frome, David Warburton MP – 95 signatures
- Sheffield Hallam, Olivia Blake MP – 90 signatures
- Torridge and West Devon, Geoffrey Cox MP – 87 signatures
- Dumfries and Galloway, Alistair Jack MP – 84 signatures
- Stroud, Siobhan Baillie MP – 83 signatures
- South Norfolk, Richard Bacon MP – 82 signatures
- Suffolk Coastal, Therese Coffey MP – 81 signatures
- Skipton and Ripon, Julian Smith MP – 81 signatures
And bottom of the list still, with not a single signature so far, is Birmingham, Ladywood, Shabana Mahmood MP.
We’re on 17,500 signatures, not yet a month into the six-month life of this petition, and over a sixth of the way to 100,000 signatures – but it’s a long road to a parliamentary debate. We’ll keep you updated on progress.
Please help to promote this petition – click here